Looking for a quick and easy homemade pizza dough recipe? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
One of the easiest and tastiest meals to leave everyone happy and filled is a good old-fashioned pizza. This is one of our favorite meals and it’s extra awesome as you can make so many different styles and tastes by simply tweaking the toppings added or adjusting some ingredients.
One thing that generally stays the same though, is the base. Which is why I thought I’d share with you my not-so-secret recipe to creating the perfect homemade pizza dough. One of the best things about this recipe is that it only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. Once prepped, it just needs to sit for an hour or two and the fun can begin.
So, let’s get started.
If you want to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.
A quick and easy homemade pizza dough recipe
This recipe makes approx. 4 large thin-based pizzas (12inch/30cm). If you need more or less, adjust the number of ingredients appropriately.
For this recipe, I use a food processor, but you can also knead the dough by hand by making a hill out of the dry ingredients adding a well in the middle and then mixing together slowly.
- 1000g all-purpose flour
- 500ml warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 7g yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Add half of the warm water (250ml) into a bowl and mix in the yeast. Make sure the water isn’t boiling, otherwise the yeast can get injured and your dough won’t rise. Stir together will and leave for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture foams up slightly.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and salt together and put this mixture into the food processor.
- Add the yeast and water mix to the dry ingredients, as well as the remaining warm water and olive oil, and mix it all together with a dough hook until it forms a soft-medium ball.
- Remove the ball from the bowl and knead the dough by hand on a slightly floured surface. At this point, the dough shouldn’t stick to your hands, but if it does, slowly knead in more flour.
- Once the dough no longer sticks, place the dough in a dry bowl with a clean towel over the top (or seal it with plastic wrap) and then place the bowl in a warm area away from drafts. I usually place the bowl in the corner on my bed and wrap it with the bedding.
- Let the dough sit for 1-2 hours until the dough has approx. risen to twice its size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cut into 4 equal sizes.
- You can use the dough immediately, store it in a fridge for up to 2 days, or freeze it.
- If using immediately, depending on the toppings added, this homemade pizza dough should take approx. 15 min to cook at 220°C with a convection oven, or 200°C with the top/bottom heat setting.
P.s. A pizza stone can help add that crispy pizza oven taste, right in the comfort of your own home, or even on the grill. 😉
Related: 10 Best Places to visit in Tuscany.
If you enjoyed this article, please save it to Pinterest.
Have you given this recipe a try? We’d love to know what you made of it below. 😊
David & Maike
Get your FREE 50+ Budget Travel Tips!
Save big on your next trip with these awesome travel tips!