Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
They are large, they have exquisite suites, service, delicious food, and more often than not, an incredible view. This, of course, does come at a price more often than not.
Normally, we like to focus on more affordable travel and then splurging on experiences during our trips. Namibia provides an opportunity unlike most when it comes to luxury lodges though. Here a lot of the lodges can cater for a whole world of experiences that can really enhance the stay.
Things like private tours, unique food, special attractions only found on the premises, or even having such a variety of options you won’t have to leave the property during your stay.
Let’s have a look at some of Namibia’s best luxury lodges.
If you want to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.
andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge
Escape from your daily rushed life, slow down and relax, enjoy pure tranquillity and luxury at the amazing 5-Star andBeyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge, in the middle of the desert.
Dine under the stars, have a swim, and then take a scenic tour. Before experiencing one of the most exhilarating and breath-taking experiences Namibia has to offer; hot air ballooning over the incredible Sossusvlei landscape. When you return and the sun has gone down, gaze at the stars with a professional astronomer.
Bring your kids for a family getaway or your partner for a romantic stay.
- Situated in one of the most impressive landscapes you have ever seen.
- The Lodge has an observatory and a professional Astronomer for the best stargazing experience.
- Take in the exceptional view of the desert landscape from above by taking a hot air balloon- or a helicopter tour.
- Enjoy a picnic breakfast on the dunes.
- Much More.
Sossusvlei, Namib-Naukluft Park, Namibia.
The Lodge has its own airstrip, so you can reach the lodge either by flight or by 4×4 car.
Gocheganas Wellness Village
Are you looking for the perfect one-stop luxury getaway? Do you want to combine Wild Nature and Wellness? Then the 4 Star Gocheganas Wellness Village is what you’re looking for.
Massages, fitness, beauty treatments, hiking, and game drives. The lodge offers the perfect balance between adventure and relaxation.
Perfect for the mind, body, and soul.
- Close to Windhoek.
- Excellent Wellness Area with Kneipp therapy, Granite baths, beauty treatments, fitness facilities and more.
- Guided Hike Tours.
- Game Drives.
- Transfer to or from Eros- or the International Airport on Request.
Portion 7 Farm Gocheganas 26, Windhoek, Namibia. Only 30km from Windhoek.
Twyfelfontein Country Lodge
A picturesque Lodge situated in the impressive Damaraland.
The Twyfelfontein Country Lodge is situated only 3 km away from the largest collection of Bushman engravings in Southern Africa.
Enjoy the desert elephants and bushman art during the day, and at night spoil yourself with one of the best buffets in Namibia accompanied by gorgeous sunsets.
- Guided Nature drives with the chance to see the magnificient gentle giants, the desert elephants.
- Tour to the Rock Engravings, the famous organ pipes made from volcanic rock and the burnt mountain.
- Visit the Living Museum of the Damara.
- Guided hiking tours.
- Amazing Views from the Lodge.
Kunene Region, Khorixas District Damaraland, Namibia
Eagle Tented Lodge
One of Namibia’s best Luxury Lodges is without a doubt the 4 Star Eagle Tented Lodge & Spa.
The attractive lodge offers one of the best views, comfortable luxury tented rooms, and a great Spa Area.
- Day and Night Game Drives in the Epacha Private Game Reserve, one of the biggest Private Wildlife Reserves in Namibia.
- Day trip and Game Drive to Etosha National Park.
- Sundowner drives.
- The Epacha Day Spa with a duo-open-air-treatment room.
- Special and exciting clay pigeon shooting.
D 2695 from Outjo to Etosha, in Outjo, Namibia
Frans Indongo Lodge
Northeast of Otjiwarongo on a 170km² farm, you can enjoy the African feeling at its finest.
Sundowner drive, hiking through the savannah, learning more about the fastest terrestrial animal, the cheetah … these are just a few of the possibilities that the Frans Indongo Lodge has to offer.
- Game Drive.
- Nature hikes.
- Hilltop viewpoints with amazing panoramic views over the farm.
- Day trip to the Cheetah Conversation Fund.
- Self-Drive excursions to Waterberg.
D2433, Frans Indongo Lodge, P.O.Box 1093 Otjiwarongo, Namibia
Fish River Lodge
Do you like living on the edge of life? Well, here you can enjoy your stay on the edge of the world’s second-largest canyon.
At the beautiful Fish River Lodge, you can relax and rewind with a spa treatment from the comfort of your own chalet, after hiking or cycling through the canyon.
Not to be forgotten, of course, is the mouth-watering meals and world-class South African wines.
- Day Drive through the Canyon.
- Guided or Unguided Fatbiking along the Canyon.
- Sundowner Cycling Excursions.
D463, Seeheim, Namibia
Divava Okavango Resort & Spa
The beautiful Divava Okavango Resort & Spa lodge is located on the Okavango riverbed. Pamper yourself in the middle of the Namibian ‘jungle’. With a variety of offers, from massages, steam rooms and a pool (of course all with an astonishing view) you will want to stay forever.
- Beautiful River Location.
- Boat tours with a chance to see Hippos and Crocodiles.
- Day trip to Buffalo Park.
- Fishing Trip on the Okavango River.
- Sundowners and Island dinners at the Popa Falls.
- Village Tours.
- Game Drive to Mahango Game Reserve.
Bagani Area – Okavango River C48, West Caprivi, Namibia
This rundown of Namibia’s best luxury lodges is meant to point out some of the best lodges throughout the country. You may notice we left out Etosha, but that is for good reason. There are just so many great options inside and around the national park, you’re spoilt for choice!
Related: Erindi, an Etosha alternative?
Now, these are only a handful of Namibia’s stunning luxury lodges, so if you think Namibia is too wild for you, think again!
Namibia caters for everyone. You can explore this magnificent country and its many offerings on a tight budget or experience the royal treatment whilst getting face to face with mother nature.
If you enjoyed this article and found it helpful, we’d really appreciate it if you would share it with someone that may also enjoy it. 😊
Have you stayed at any of these lodges? Are there any others you could recommend? Let us know in the comments! 😊